The Best Way to Find and Develop Your Spiritual Gifts
Have you ever wondered what your spiritual gifts are? How do you find out? Once you think you might have a certain gift, what should you do?
The Best Way to Find and Develop Your Spiritual Gifts is to:
1. Pray and ask God to forgive you for your sins, and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour.
2. Ask God to give you the spiritual gifts that He wants you to have.
3. Ask God to make it clear to you what they are, and to help you develop them, in His way and timing.
4. Pray for God to instruct and teach you as you read and study every section of the Holy Bible that talks about spiritual gifts.
5. Read about the purpose of spiritual gifts in the Bible.
6. If a particular gift interests you read about that gift in the Holy Bible, and about the people that had that gift – like the apostle Paul who had the gift of Apostleship.
7. Then read books about spiritual gifts.
8. Learn all you can about the gifts, especially the ones that you are interested in, or you think you might have.
9. Do volunteer work or even paid work, where you might be able to use those gifts.
10. Notice how you feel when you use the gift, or try to use it, or do the things that involve that gift.
11. Notice how you do at that. Are you good at it? Does it come fairly naturally? Or, are you uncomfortable and clumsy trying to do the activities?
12. Ask God to guide you to opportunities to use your gift as in #9 above.
13. Be committed to God, willing and available for Him to use you as He sees fit.
14. Spend at least five minutes reading the Bible each day.
15. Spend at least 5 minutes in prayer each day.
16. Trust God with the results.
17. Obey Gods wisdom to the best of your ability, from what you learn by reading the Holy Bible.