Posted on September 20, 2013 by Stephan Wiedner
If you are looking for coaching clients, you’ve probably heard the saying “You’ve got to get your name out there.”
I agree but some methods are more effective than others. A couple years ago, I started guest posting on other people’s blogs, a very effective method at gaining more visibility in front of an audience of readers that I would otherwise have no relationship with.
In fact, just last week, I wrote a guest post about how to get a second interview on JobMob.co.il, a fantastic resource for all things related to searching for a job.
Guest posting is more effective than other outreach methods because:
1. It gives you an opportunity to talk about coaching in front of an audience that may not know anything about it.
2. If you only write on your own blog, you’ll only be exposed to people who have found you. It’s like going to the same party over and over again without ever meeting new people. Guest posting is more proactive.
3. Guest posting forces you to craft a message that appeals to someone else’s audience. Frequently, when you pitch an article to another blog, they give you feedback telling you what their audience really wants. That kind of insight is better than gold because it helps you craft a compelling marketing message.
4. It builds relationships. If you write for someone else’s blog and their readers like what you share, they will be grateful, potentially ask you to write again, and who knows, maybe scratch your back in other ways some time in the future.
5. You can re-purpose old articles. If you’ve written in the past for your own blog or website, guest posting allows you to take some of the same concepts, re-write them, and present similar content to a different audience. How easy is that?!
So there you have it. A quick intro to guest posting. If you want to write for the Noomii Un-Self-Help blog, feel free to pitch us an article title.