Britt-Mari Sykes PhD Ottawa, Ontario
Career Coach, Life Coach, Retirement Coach
I work with clients at various life stages offering guidance, support and feedback. I am committed to helping my clients discover what is possible in their lives and to move forward equipped with the ability to make confident decisions and take concrete actions that are personally meaningful, appropriate and positive.
I enjoy my work, collaborating with clients from a holistic and integrative perspective. My goal is to help clients deepen their awareness and perspective, to discover and create fulfillment in the work they do and wish to do at any stage in life.
I have an extensive background in career counseling, existential psychology and teaching. I work with clients who are mid-career and facing career transitions, clients who are experiencing unmanageable stress and burnout, students and young adults wanting guidance developing their career paths, and clients wanting to create new and meaningful careers in retirement.
Why do clients contact me for career coaching and counseling?
• Feeling unfulfilled
• Stress and disengagement
• Feeling stuck, overwhelmed or bored
• Worry and anxiety about the stability of their jobs
• Feeling emotionally drained - experiencing burnout with sustained
symptoms of extreme fatigue, apathy and cynicism
• Anxiety about re-entering the job market after a period of
unemployment or after taking time off because of burnout
• A lack of confidence in their skills
• Difficulty accepting and navigating the changes required for a
• Fear about making the wrong decision in terms of a career choice
• A desire to feel more connected, to feel more present and more
engaged in their lives and work
An Integrative Career Counseling approach offers you:
• Compassionate understanding of your unique life, diverse skills
• Support, encouragement and perspective through exploratory
• Developing and leveraging your expertise; creating an action plan.
Great coach, who listens and has useful feedback.John Dugery