Brook Thorndycraft Toronto, Ontario
Leadership Coach, Relationship Coach, Life Coach
Acc.FM, M.A., B.Ed., B.A.
I coach leaders who want to deepen their capacity for the relational “soft skills” of leadership, such as:
- Developing their own emotional intelligence
- Motivating and engaging employees to be their best
- Navigating conflict or upheaval
- Creating a culture of feedback
- Stewarding an organization through change
- Becoming aware of their own use of power
- Ensuring psychological health and safety in the workplace
Client Examples (names are fictional):
Feng was trying to make an important change in his workplace, and needed support to get buy-in from staff. We mapped out the organization power structures and relationships, and explored what might be happening in terms of team dynamics. We used a combination of problem solving, brainstorming, and emotional awareness, to help him to maintain motivation and curiosity in the face of the challenges of systems change.
Melissa wanted to give feedback to her employees in a way that encouraged them to thrive. We explored the role that perfectionism and stress were playing in her tendency to give overly critical feedback. We paid attention to signs from her body that she was responding from a place of stress, practiced stress reduction techniques, and role-played giving constructive feedback.
We will explore your goals, identify obstacles, and develop and implement a roadmap to help you get there.
I have an MA in Adult Education and 20 years’ experience in leadership development, conflict intervention, transformative coaching, and organizational systems change. I use a range of tools including:
- Conflict analysis and principles of negotiation and mediation
- Narrative practices and Motivational Interviewing
- Somatic Experiencing (SE student in training at the Intermediate Level with the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute)
- Mindfulness and grounding practices
I tailor my approach to your needs and interests!
Brook doesn't have any reviews yet.