Two sides of a coin
Posted on December 13, 2021 by Aditya Kuchibhotla, One of Thousands of Business Coaches on Noomii.
Importance of having different types of people
A few years back, we had a water crisis in my society. It was fascinating to observe how different folks behaved during the crisis period.
1. Our society has a management committee – a group of residents who ensure that the society is up and running. They are volunteers who invest their personal time for the comfort of others. In addition, some staff was on the payrolls of the society. During the crisis, they were at the forefront of the fire fighting.
2. Some residents stepped in to support these volunteers during the hour of the crisis and were on the ground supporting them.
3. Some other residents worked silently to source and provide vital information that was an immense help.
4. Some of the residents didn’t do any of the above – they stayed calm. They appreciated the work done by these individuals.
5. Very few folks said that they were paying the maintenance and were not getting their money’s worth.
Some of us might judge that individuals in categories #1, #2 & #3 are heroes. In contrast, those in #4 are useless, and folks falling under #5 are pests.
It’s an open secret that the maximum number of human beings falls under category # 4. They are also vital as they are silent supporters of categories #1, #2 and #3.
Coming to category #5, they act as a brake in a vehicle. While the morale of some of the volunteers may come down due to this criticism, for others, this works as a fuel.
Some of these folks who criticize may come forward and say, “I’ll show you how to run things better!” and they will indeed do it. So, even this category is essential.
As long as it is positive, all these categories of individuals have their own role to play in the development of our lives.
In fact, during our lifetime, we play all these roles at some stage or the other of our life.
What’s your takeaway?