The 7 Mistakes People Must Avoid When Hiring A Business Coach
Posted on April 16, 2012 by Dr John Oda, One of Thousands of Executive Coaches on Noomii.
How to hire a business coach pros and cons
A business coach is someone who can produce outstanding results in the lives of people. The only challenge is that so many people are calling themselves business coaches. Some of these people are not producing positive results. Please read these guidelines before hiring your next business coach: What are the duties of a business coach? How can a business coach increase my business? What should I expect from a business coach? Who needs a business coach? What is the fee for a business coach? Do you have to attend a coaching school to be an effective coach? What about online coaching?
1. What are the duties of a business coach? : A business coach is someone with an expertise in certain areas such as staff development, marketing, and implementing seminars/workshops. A business coach is a counselor, sometimes a mentor that produces magnificent results in a business.
2. How can a business coach increase my business?: It depends on the business; some companies that I work with might have to focus on the marketing, or providing sales training, or work on a time management system, GAPS, to produce results in their business.
3. What should I expect from a business coach? : If you hire the right business coach, they should be able tell you how much your business will increase. It could be anywhere from 25% to 1000% per year. They also need to walk their talk, and give some type of guarantee.
4. Who needs a business coach? : Anyone who would like to increase their business, anyone who would like a better life. Anyone who would like to leave a legacy for their family.
5. How much is a business coach? : It depends on his or her expertise. Some coaches charge $175.00 to $250.00 per session. Some coaches have a package price per year program. Executive Business coaches charge around $400.00 plus per session and sometimes a back end percentage for the increase of sales from 8% to 25% annually.
6. Do you have to attend a coaching school to be a good business coach? : Not really; although some people preach about how coaches need to be certified in order to become a coach. I can respect that option. I would rather see a guarantee, and how much a person can increase my business then someone going to a fancy coaching program.
7. Online coaching: This is one of the best methods of coaching. Most online coaching will give you a game plan and something to accomplish on a weekly or ten day basis. This coaching is great for people that live out of town or in another country. This coaching process work just as well as face to face coaching does. The online coaching usually runs for 30 to 60 minutes. It’s more of a specific way to get results. The best way to produce results with online coaching is to sign up for a 12 months, this way we can create 90 day game plan, and find ways to increase your business from 25% to 1000% per year.
I will see you at the top!
Dr. John Oda
Master Executive Coach