20 Ways to Tell If You're an Enlightened Leader
Posted on April 16, 2011 by Guy Farmer, One of Thousands of Leadership Coaches on Noomii.
Many leaders think they're enlightened though their employees might disagree. Discover 20 ways to tell if you're an enlightened leader.
What is enlightened leadership? It’s the ability to be deeply aware of your strengths and areas for improvement as well as your personal issues to the point where they all merge to create a highly functional and productive workplace. You’ll also understand how your behaviors affect others. How will you know if you’re an enlightened leader? Look for these twenty characteristics.
1. Absence of ego.
2. No need for power and control.
3. You trust your employees.
4. Hierarchy doesn’t matter.
5. Everyone’s ideas matter.
7. Your own life is balanced.
8. You’ve worked out your own personal issues.
9. You don’t work out your family problems on your staff.
10. You listen to employees.
11. You encourage employees to think and act independently.
12. You praise people.
13. You don’t look for what’s in it for you.
14. Personal glory is not an issue.
15. You give people opportunities to grow.
16. You don’t have to win and you know how to lose.
17. You welcome change.
18. You value other people’s ideas.
19. You help people motivate themselves.
20. Your employees admire, not fear, you.
Enlightened leaders will practice these things on a regular basis. If you’ve ever worked for someone like this you know how great it feels and what kind of workplace it creates. How will you spread enlightened leadership?