How to write your Vision
Vision must be a compelling push to get you out of your comfort zone. It must drives you to the heights of passion and brevity to achieve it.
What do you mean by having a Vision? Vision is something that you have for future? Vision is something you feel should define you? There are lots of questions regarding what is a Vision and how to write a Vision for your life! In reality, you can have any number of definitions for your vision but until it is something you don’t get emotionally involved with meaning something which should move you, it is not your actual vision. Most of the people have a habit of writing their vision as something which is hard to achieve because that is norm which ‘our heroes’ follow. No!
So, here are 5 easy steps in writing your vision:
1. Your vision should be in sync with who you are right now to where you want to go. Having a grand vision is not wrong but in the end, not working towards it and keeping it in the desk of your drawer and feeling sad for not achieving it, is! Making something so large that even when you write it, you feel a little doubtful, distances it farther from you, even after the minute you have written it down. So, the bottom line is you need to be aware consciously of your mind, to understand what you actually wants from life and a shady plan for it, if possible..
2. Start with one vision at a time. Most people put their legs in so many boats. It is not their fault but they are confused. They want to do something, yet they don’t know what, though they think they can do anything. It is very important for you to know what you are good at now.
3. Define the purpose of vision. It means whatever you write as vision should have a basis, a foundation as to why it is a vision for you. For instance, why that career, why that business, why that job, why that relationship. It is important to know the light igniting your path towards your goal.
4. It should consider all the challenging possibilities, meaning you should know if something doesn’t work out as planned, it means there are other ways to go. Just like any building or a successful business has a disaster management plan, your vision should have flexibility to move towards better aspect in achieving your goal.
5. Last but not the least, it should have a result- meaning a well defined Goal! SMART goal is the right way to approach your vision making it more organized and oriented.