Qualities Coaches Must Have
Posted on January 29, 2010 by Maia Berens, One of Thousands of Life Coaches on Noomii.
There are zillions of them but these are an absolute necessity in order to accomplish what you want. Nice to have everyone in your life like this, too
- Primarily this person needs to be willing to be as loving and truthful to you as they know how. This is how you want to feel about everyone in your life and most particularly, friends and family.
- You’d like to feel you can give full permission to her/him to give you feedback at any time about anything. To do so you would need to be reassured that she/he is capable of clear, honest and kind communication.
- You will want to feel you have “caught authenticity and honesty” from your life coach. This you can even get from your kids, if you have any.
- This person will be able to zero in on you and what’s going on and then be able to look at what the deepest part of you is saying, feeling, thinking, wanting.
- She/he will help you learn to listen to your inner voice. Might be just your coach again but anyone can remind you to trust yourself.
- Her/his exceptional gift of listening and asking questions allows you to get in touch with your freer, more authentic self. When you speak to her/him, you will feel really heard and understood – maybe for the first time. This definitely will be your coach and hopefully one or two other people in your life.
- You will not need to apologize about who you are. If everyone close to you isn’t like this, it might be time to change some friends.
- She/he needs to be warm, wise, grounded, calming, insightful and caring. Probably just your coach again.
- She/he needs to be able to help you find new creativity out of adversity, i.e. Life Is a School.
- She/he needs to be vulnerable about things that happened to her/him and open, thoughtful and very sensitive to those around her/him.