Goal Setting and Accomplishment - Coaching
Posted on December 18, 2011 by Glenn Turner, One of Thousands of Entrepreneurship Coaches on Noomii.
A coach can assist a person to become more successful.
Setting and accomplishing goals is a trademark of highly successful people. This fact is widely known yet relatively few people are able to actually set and accomplish meaningful goals that bring value to their personal and professional lives. Here are three reasons why a coach can help in this vital area.
REASON NUMBER ONE: Coaching Has an Impressive Track Record of Providing Benefits
Coaching has an impressive track record of providing certain benefits. The Llist below is from both an individual and organizational point of view. Notice how each of these valuable benefits has a direct correlation to the setting and achievement of goals.
- Improve Relationships
- Grow Self Confidence
- Manage stress and pressure more effectively
- Improve Problem Solving
- Gain better Self Awareness
- Improved performance and productivity
- Improve strategy creation and implementation
- Improved and more efficient teams
- Improved satisfaction of employees
- Creativity increased to support other initiatives
REASON NUMBER TWO: Coaching Brings Accountability
A coach will allow for greater accountability. Life is busy and at times chaotic. A coach is an impartial outside party who can allow the individual to see the entire forest through the trees. A good coach will force the individual to remain focused on setting goals in the major areas of the person’s personal and professional life. The coach is able to work with the individual in a manner designed to bring focus and attention to those goals on a regular basis. Accountability is required for overall performance effectiveness.
Here are a few examples:
- ■Focusing the individual on revenue generating activities rather than non revenue generating activities
- ■Prioritizing activities in alignment with goals
- ■Improving inter-personal communication skills
- ■ An emphasis on results based performanceGood coaching allows for a focused and directed approach to life based on goal setting with an emphasis on accomplishing the goals in a timely and efficient manner.
Reason Number Three: Coaching Helps Change To Occur
Coaching allows for a fresh perspective to be brought to the table. Organizations and individuals are creatures of habit. Things are done in a certain manner because they have always been done that way. A impartial look at what is going on can be quite refreshing. Improvement will require change. Change can be uncomfortable and stressful. Improved results will require that change takes place. Coaching allows for change to take place while reducing the discomfort and stress involved.
Coaching can assist in the following areas in regard to change:
- ■Management of Time
- ■Strategic Planning/Thinking
- ■Sales and Marketing Strategies
- ■Inter-Personal Relationships
The ability to set and consistently accomplish goals is a trademark of highly successful people. Executive coaching has an impressive track record for assisting people in this vital area.
Coaching is an investment in success. Is it an investment you are ready to make?