Will I get a return on my college investment? With the right plan yes!
The average person spends 80,000 hours of their life working. It would seem wise to spend as much time preparing for the career after college!
Student loan debt is increasing each year and averaged $24,600 per student in 2012. Less than 60% of students graduate from college in the four years for which they planned. According to the New York Times, “At Penn State, 80 percent of freshmen – even those who have declared a major – say they are uncertain about their major, and half will change their minds after they declare, sometimes more than once.” (New York Times, 2012 “Choosing one college major out of hundreds”) Investment in career development is a wise choice for all students resulting in decreases in post-secondary education costs and increases in student confidence and career success.
Business and Education Connected, LLC is a career development company, which provides opportunities to students to discover their strengths, relate their strengths with their interests and then apply both to career goals. Many students feel completely overwhelmed when faced with the many career options placed before them. According to ACT DISCOVER Career Development Curricula for Colleges:
• Career planning results in having realistic career goals.
• Students who engage in career exploration programs report higher grades and feel better prepared for the future compared to students who do not.
• Career exploration helps people face and find solutions to educational and career barriers.
• Career exploration helps people develop a support network and learn where to go when help is needed.
• Students who have completed career exploration have more confidence in themselves and are more motivated to achieve their goals.
Business & Education Connected, LLC, provides you a service that gives guidance in post-secondary education and career choices. Helping you connect with unique talents and interests to future careers! Here’s how clients have responded!
• 100% expressed extreme overall satisfaction with the program, professionalism, responsiveness and convenience.
• 100% ranked the quality of our career services as good as or much better than other student services (SAT, preparation classes, tutoring etc.)
• 100% of high school students reported that the BE Connected program provided them with information needed to help them with their decisions regarding post-secondary education and future career paths.
The occupation your student chooses has a big impact on many aspects of their life. Providing guidance in their career options will give them a clearer picture of who they are. Aafke Loney, from Business and Education Connected can provide the guidance!