Five Lessons from Bhagvad Gita
Books and scriptures can be the beacon of light when life looks dark. All one need is to decode the vast wisdom encapsulated in the folds.
- Everything is made of consciousness. If we want to change something outside, it doesn’t happen without bringing change in consciousness.
- We exist at multiple levels of consciousness.
- We move towards higher consciousness eventually. Thought it may happen in parts and pockets. Therefore, no point comparing your development with others.
Inner Conflict :
- It is the indication of something that needs change.
- Conflicting habits do not flourish in the same place.
- A problem cannot be solved at the same level of consciousness where it is created. One need to take a higher point to resolve the conflict.
- Self-Awareness expands to Self-realization.
- We are more than our bodies, thoughts, perceptions, Feelings and Ideas.
- What stays of self is the “Imperishable Soul”, the rest will go away.
- Learning through our own actions is Karma.
- Action originating as a result of attachment to sensory perceptions accumulates.
- Action originating out of Dharma liberates and clears the accumulation.
- Righteous Action, both universal and personal.
- It is not a fixed value. It is different for all individuals. It is relative and not absolute.
- Right behaviour gives you inner freedom & peace. It is lasting and not short term.