Stop Empowering Your Inner Dragon - Empower Your Inner Warrior
If you are making your life decisions out of fear, you are surviving.
You can thrive if you empower the leader with in you, the inner Warrior.
Too many people fail to realize that if they fear-less, they can live more.
Are you surviving because you let your fears control you, or are you thriving because you fear-less?
If you are where you say you don’t want to be in life, then it’s time to take responsibility, take leadership and change things around.
If you are making your decisions based on limiting beliefs and fixed mindset, it means you are settling with a mediocre life. Those limiting beliefs are your creation, they are not real, they only live in your mind. It’s like creating a dragon with your imagination and then freaking-out every time it shows up.
These imaginary dragons (your fears) are holding you back from achieving the life you were born to live.
In each and one of us, there are two entities; the dreadful dragon and the brave warrior. Whom will you empower to make your decisions?
The DRAGON represents the limited version of you:
- Made to Survive
- Ego Driven
- Communicate via Thoughts
- Provides life of Regrets and Frustrations
The WARRIOR represents the unlimited version of you:
- Self Confidence
- Heart based
- Risk Taker
- Made to Thrive
- Soul Driven
- Communicate via Emotions
- Provides life of Passion and Fulfillment
The entity you allow to make the decisions for you will determine the kind of life you will have. You can live by fears that hold you back from reaching your potential. Or you can take leadership and allow the warrior within you to take control. It’s a choice you need to make.
The Leader Within
According to Tony Robbins; “Leadership is not only the ability to inspire a team to achieve a certain goal. Leadership is also how you, as an individual, choose to lead your life. The true leadership definition is to influence, inspire and help others become their best selves, building their skills and achieving goals along the way. You don’t have to be a CEO, manager or even a team lead to be a leader. Leadership is a set of skills and certain psychology that anyone can master.”
Our primal brain used fear to keep us alive when encountering danger such as facing a tiger or a potential enemy. These days, fear is being used to manipulate people by playing mind tricks on us.
The media manipulates fear to earn higher ratings with scary headlines. Marketers tap into our fears to sell products or you might miss out… Politicians spread fear to gain votes and power.
The education system applies fear to keep kids from misbehaving.
In today’s life, fear is the “new normal”. We make choices based on fear. Choices made based on fear lead us to unhealthy and unfulfilling lives.
Here are some clues to find out if you are making decisions based on fear or on freedom:
1. You see the negative outcomes of every situation.
Almost any choice may have positive or negative consequences. However, If the dragon is making your choices, you are focusing on the negative and ignoring the positives. A warrior sees the half-full glass, the dragon sees the half-empty glass.
2. If you react to situations rather than respond, this is a feature of fear. Ego is the dragon’s best friend; warriors follow their hearts. Fearful people feel they need to defend their fears, so they react and justify their decisions. Warriors allow themselves to make mistakes and they are confident enough to not justify every decision they make.
3. The primal brain rejects changes due to fear of the unknown. If you are controlled by fear, you are probably resisting changes in your life. You rather stay in your comfort zone and avoid risks; even if it means painful, yet familiar. You will prefer a toxic relationship or a job you hate than a breakup or quit your job. Yes, you will find “excellent” reasons to justify this decision to not change.
4. Fearful people make decisions based on logic and ignore their intuition. This is where your limiting beliefs and self-doubts creep in.
“I’m not good enough for anything else”, “I don’t have the money”, “I don’t have the time”, etc. Fear-less people follow their intuition and try new things. They usually end-up upper handed despite a temporary low period.
5. Some people have a hard time making a decision all together. They are afraid they might make a mistake, that there is a better choice or they might lose something. This lack of confidence is the dragon behind the story.
6. Fearful people are afraid to let go of the past because they feel it is a part of them. They can see what they will lose but they cannot see the opportunities that may present themselves in the future if they do let go. Warrior is willing to step into the unknown.
It is not that the warriors are fearless, but they do fear-less. They are afraid and do it anyway. People driven by the dragon within them tend to freeze and take no action to change or overcome their suffering.
How To Overcome Your Fears?
It is hard to overcome one’s fears by him/herself.
“Fear Does Not Exist Anywhere Else But In Your Mind.” – Dale Carnegie
The fears/dragons are only in your head, they are not real. You may look for answers out there, happiness, passion, etc. But the truth is, that you have all the answers; if you empower the warrior within, connect to your inner-self, you will find the answers.
It is hard to get out of our own head though. This is when a coach can be a great help. A coach will listen to you without any judgment and help you create a new map of the world. A map that is clear from limiting beliefs and other lies you have been telling yourself for years.
For most fears, as soon as you’ll say them out loud and acknowledge them, they seem to fade. “Poof”, goes the dragon.
Remember that when you are talking to people you know and respect, such as friends and family. Their point of view of things is based on their own limiting beliefs. So when you share your amazing idea that you have been keeping for years. They may judge you and break your spirit because they put themselves in your shoes and they don’t believe that they could pull it through. If you want to kill a big dream, tell it to someone small.
However you are planning to deal with your dragon, make sure you empower the warrior within you. Make your next decision by the warrior, from a place of freedom, not fear.
May the force be with you, Dragon warrior.