8 Results-Driven Tactics To Advertise Your Business Online For Free
So you want to promote your business online and you’d like to do it without breaking the bank.
I don’t blame you there!
I think most business owners want to start their businesses on a shoestring but don’t know exactly what goes into building the business and how to promote it effectively in the digital age WITHOUT ads.
As we all know, marketing our business to prospects in our online businesses is a necessary part of creating a thriving online business.
The issue with traditional advertising, such as flyers, and newspaper ads for example, is that they can be extremely expensive and may produce little or even no return on investment.
Advertising online may be a better option, especially if you’re wanting to scale your business rapidly. You can track the effectiveness of each advertisement. From here, you can focus your marketing strategies on the techniques that are the most profitable. Plus, there are options for online advertising that don’t cost you any money at all!
Advertising Your Business Online For FREE: The Methods
“If you want to see an immediate ROI, like for a special promotion, you may want to consider paying for ads online. But if funds are tight, be patient as you put these free strategies into place, and soon you’ll have plenty of ways to make immediate sales for free.”
Joe Santa Maria, Creative Director, KTB Media
We love it when the truth Sayers out there are paving the way and showing us how to expand and succeed and I love what Joe has said here.
Now I’d like to bust in an share with you some free online marketing methods that you may want to consider for your business:
1. Partner up with another expert in your field.
Consider joining forces with another brand. You can then offer a more substantial product together than either one of you could offer alone.
● In addition, you’ll automatically get the attention of both audiences, resulting in more sales and adding more leads to your email list. In the future, these new leads can drive more sales of another one of your products.
● Partnering on even one marketing campaign can bring long-term benefits to both of you.
I’ve had great success with this on Clubhouse and in Facebook groups. This is an amazing way to showcase your zone of genius and make some new connections.
2. Encourage user-generated content.
If you can acquire user-generated content, your website will grow without you having to create your own content. This type of content also increases your website visitors. Enable comments on your website and contribute to the discussions.
● Allow visitors to submit their own articles and encourage guest posts from other experts.
All you have to do here is add a “write for us” link on your menu and have people submit articles. The page that they are sent to will demonstrate to them what your requirements are and that you will submit at your earliest convenience.
The best part is, when someone writes an article on your website, THEY will do the advertising and tell the world that they were featured on YOUR website bringing YOU traffic!
4. Be active on social media.
There are millions of users visiting the various social media platforms daily, so it makes sense for your business to have a presence there.
● Share funny or interesting images or videos that are relevant to your business.
● Post insights and valuable information.
● Let your audience know when you have a sale on your products. Give your social media followers coupons or discounts.
● Encourage engagement by participating in discussions. Ask questions and answer theirs.
● Run a survey, poll, or contest.
● In turn, these will then be shared by your followers, increasing your reach and ultimately resulting in more sales of your products or services.
3. Affiliate marketing.
When you create an affiliate program for your business, you will be getting other experts in your field and the public to send business your way. This can be mutually beneficial, and you will only be paying commissions (after the sale) if the affiliate makes a sale.
● As with the partnering technique, many of these new visitors will sign up for your email list, even if they don’t buy something right away, bringing you long-term benefits and sales.
5. Use free online tools.
There are plenty of tools online that can help your business. You can sign up for websites that will enable you to create free surveys, or you can use a free online service to send emails to your customers. You do not have to pay a premium to receive top-notch service.
6. Change and reuse old advertisements.
Rather than going through the expensive route of creating new articles with every marketing campaign, try reusing parts of an advertisement that worked well. This will save you time and expense.
● Plus, keeping consistent brand imagery through every ad will help with brand recognition too.
7. Build an email list.
If people are visiting your website, chances are good that they are interested in what you have to offer. Make a form available for them to join your email list and be kept in the loop about future product releases or special offers.
● Once they’ve signed up to this email list, you can send emails to these prospects with news and further information about your products. Let them know whenever something goes on sale.
● Email marketing is one of the best ways to drive sales. Treat your list members like gold, because that’s what they are to you and your business.
I for one ALWAYS give the members on my newsletter list, special discounts and pre-enrollment bonuses. It’s a great way to build a close connection with them.
8. Create some video content.
Video content is incredibly important nowadays as the younger generation would rather watch a video than read a blog post. If you can create interesting videos, you’ll create interest in your brand.
I must say, this is by far MY personal favorite. I’m able to get in front of people on my YouTube channel each week and serve. I love knowing that my background in SEO helps me to get my videos in front of more viewers so that I can help more people and build my own brand.
If you are fearless and bold enough to get in front of the camera, you’ll likely be able to promote your business online for FREE!
It’s certainly possible to do online marketing without spending money. Some of these methods might take some time and effort to implement, though, before you see profits.
For example, it can take a while to build an email list. However, once you have a list, making sales can be as easy as sending out an email to your list. Once you’ve built a social media following, making sales can be as easy as making a post on your social media accounts.
If you want to see an immediate ROI, like for a special promotion, you may want to consider paying for ads online. But if funds are tight, be patient as you put these free strategies into place, and soon you’ll have plenty of ways to make immediate sales for… free.