Seeing Beyond Your Limits
Seeing Beyond Your Limits opens the doors to your dreams and goals. See what's possible for you!
For sometime now, I have been working on being aware of when I limiting myself, based on what I expect to be possible. You see, we all have of some expectation of what is possible based on our own experience. When these limitations caused me to limit my intentions and thereby my actions, which impact my goals, I realized a new perception was needed.
Where do our expectations derive from?
Think back to when you were beginning to figure the world out. The experiences you had through your own trial and error, those which were imposed on you through your elders and friends, and those which were considered socially normal have impacted how you formed your perceptions of the world. These perceptions created your beliefs system, which then formed the boundaries of possible outcomes that you could easily fathom.
While many of these beliefs are valuable and needed, what I’d like you to consider today is, are any of these beliefs limiting you today in your life?
I’ll give you an example I worked through recently. I love sharing yoga and I enjoy that I get to teach multiple classes per week. I had been dreaming of making some yoga videos to share on the internet so students could practice at home when then wanted and I could share yoga with my family and friends that live across the country. Every time I thought about it, I felt scared that I wasn’t good enough and that people would judge me or my teaching style. The fear really kept me paralyzed in moving forward for some time. I decided to work on it with a good friend and coach I know. Through this, I was able to embody the impact I really wanted to see, to share yoga with even more people, and realized the impact my fears were holding on this actually happening. I had limited myself by not believing in my worth and the value I offered. I worried about judgment of others over my authenticity. Plus I had to learn to trust myself and my abilities now, not in a year or ten.
So I finally did it! I posted my first video in June of this year and have continued with more since then. There were a few realizations I found to be interesting in the outcome of the experience, that I am using to create new beliefs.
1. I am a good speaker.
2. People that I expected judgement from actually showed appreciation.
3. Being authentically me on camera feels amazing and I trust myself even more now.
4. Clients and friends have told me how much they value the online classes.
5. I’ve even taken it to new levels as I grow with these new experiences and created meditations and even talking videos.
6. I have a greater impact on the world when I give myself and my dreams opportunity.
So you know it’s coming… What are you holding yourself back from doing based on what you believe to be true?
Some of these limiting beliefs I have come across in my life and through coaching others may hit home for you:
- Expecting perfection
- Feeling unworthy of more
- Fear of judgments or the unknown
- Not knowing enough
- Feeling to old or young, and
- Trusting of ourselves
What would be possible for you if you could overcome those thoughts that limit you?
I’d like you to consider a few new perceptions I work with and how they could help you if adopted in your perceptions:
- You are perfect in every moment of every day, exactly as you are.
- You are worthy of so much more that you currently allow for yourself.
- If you ever feel judged, it’s about them not you. Plus you are really owning your own authenticity, and that rocks!
- You will never completely 100% know how something will happen, but you have 100% control over your actions.
- You know what you want and that’s enough to get started, you’ll keep learning as you go.
- Age is only a number, it’s about how you feel.
- The more authentic you are, the more you will trust yourself.
Finally, I’d like to say, our limitations only create suffering. When we limit our dreams, goals, and desires, we limit our full potential. Overcoming the barriers of these limitations will propel you forward and help you live authentically and graciously, as you feel aligned with your truth.
I’d like to help you believe these about yourself. If this article resonates with you, please reach out and connect with me! My goal is to help you experience your life with passion, purpose, and clear perceptions.
Make today a limitless day!