Day 14: Teach Someone SomethingI did this! 245
Posted on December 14, 2013
Like polar bears, humans soak up knowledge like sponges from the moment they are born. It helps us survive in an ever changing world. It’s also really fun.
So for today’s AoK, your task is to teach someone something. Give someone that feeling of satisfaction when they go “Ohhhhh, I get it!” Notice how they stand a little taller after they learn how to do something for the first time.
Here are a few fun teaching ideas:
* Spend part of the day in the kitchen teaching someone how to prepare one of your signature dishes.
* Teach some friends a new board game.
* Tell someone about the latest book you read and share something you learned.
* Help a child learn how to play chopsticks on the piano.
* Teach your grandma how to use the iPad.
And, if you’re a teacher or parent, like many of you kindness ambassadors are, thank you for spending the bulk of every day teaching others. Please take a moment today during yet another teaching moment and notice how much of a gift you are giving others. You’re not just teaching someone how to tie their shoes. You’re teaching them how to be strong, confident members of society. That’s a priceless gift.
Enjoy the day!
Your Polar Bear Friend