Day 13: High Five Friday!I did this! 280
Posted on December 13, 2013
Today, we are going to explore the most universal gesture of celebration, appreciation, comraderie, and cooperation. The High Five!
Lifting your hand to shoulder height and slapping the hand of another person is a simple yet powerful action because it literally connects people both physically and emotionally. Here are a few examples of high five micro-moments of connection.
* What do you do when you make the perfect guess during a wild game of charades? High five.
* When your favourite team scores a big goal? High five.
* When you secure a new client? High five.
* When you tell your life coach about achieving your latest goal? High five.
* When a one-year old walks for the first time? High five.
How about when you meet someone for the first time and a hug feels outside of your comfort zone? I think you’ve guessed the answer by now.
Your good deed for today is simple. Venture forth and engage at least one person in a celebratory high five. If you really want to get into a festive mood, give out high fives all day. I challenge you to give out 25. I challenge you to make a video of it and share it on YouTube.
The "High Fiving" Polar Bear
P.S. High five! We've completed nearly 5.5k AoKs. Did you nominate a do-gooder yet to get a Kindness Ambassador t-shirt? You have until the end of day on Sunday.